Research & Transfer at Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences
Strong in applied research
Being a University of Applied Sciences, applied research and development (R&D) is a key mission of our university. Hence, R&D projects carried out at the university are innovation-driven and have a strict focus on application in professional practice. Our partners in R&D are coming from the industrial, service or non-profit sector.
Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences receives substantial funding from regional, national and European research programs, making it a major scientific institution in the Frankfurt/Rhine-Main metropolitan area and beyond. In many fields, R&D at the university is concentrated around and organised within research institutes, centres or collaborations (with other universities), thereby generating added value by pooling diverse disciplinary resources.
Your academic partner for joint R&D
The organisational backbone for R&D at the university is the Department for Research, Further Education and Transfer. It supports professors, faculties, centres and institutes in their numerous research activities. The department is also the liaison body when it comes to collaborations in R&D with external partners.
In case you are searching for excellent and targeted expertise in applied R&D for your enterprise or organisation, the Department for Research, Further Education and Transfer is your first contact point.
The department provides the following services:
- information about and access to expertise in applied R&D at the university
- general counselling on funding opportunities for joint R&D projects
- access to scientific partners for European or international R&D collaborations
- information on funding opportunities for experienced researchers (postdocs) of any nationality and access to scientific partners for EU-funded fellowships
- support for projects in contract research or consulting for the professional world
- information on further education seminars or programs
- information and counselling on cooperative third cycle degrees (doctorates)
- information and counselling on dual programs/studies
Head of department
Research, Further Education and Transfer
Phone: +49 (0)69 1533-2162