Rapid Planning (RP) is an action oriented research project that has been developed under the umbrella of the Future Megacities Research Program of the German Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF). RP seeks to develop a rapid trans-sectoral urban planning methodology with a focus on urban basic services infrastructure, specifically targeting supply and disposal infrastructure. The service sectors covered by the project include energy, water, waste water, solid waste, and urban agriculture.
Frankfurt UAS is responsible for the RP subproject 3 “Urban Planning and Capacity Building”.
Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences (Frankfurt UAS) is extensively involved in the integration of the project with the German reference city of Frankfurt am Main, as well as in the integration of the RP methodology into spatial and urban planning procedures in the case cities. It is also involved in the analyses of the different municipal administrative and planning structures and is the leader of “Capacity building/training units” work package, including the organisation of capacity building workshops for the international partners.
Rapid Planning is sponsored by the German Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF).
Events and activities
- Bild 1 Second International Capacity Development Workshop Da Nang, Vietnam - September 2018
- Bild 2 Presentation of the Rapid Planning Project to a Chinese Delegation of urban experts Frankfurt am Main, Germany - November 2017
- Bild 3 Rapid Planning Mid-term Conference Nairobi, Kenya - September 2017
- Bild 4 First International Capacity Building Workshop Frankfurt am Main and Heidelberg, Germany - May 2016
- Bild 5 Rapid Planning Presentation at the Conference "Zukunftssicher Planen und Bauen im Ballungsraum" Frankfurt am Main, March 2015. Given by Prof. Michael Peterek
News and publications
RAPID PLANNING, A flexible system for localised sustainable development
A publication of the Frankfurt UAS Rapid Planning Team for the scientific journal 'Technical Transactions', 9-2018, pag. 33-48.
Link to downlaod the complete article here.
RAPID PLANNING, Sustainable Infrastructure, Environmental and Resource Management for Highly Dynamic Metropolises
Brochure by the Rapid Planning Consortium, 2015
The brochure can be downloaded here.
RAPID PLANNING, Nachhaltiges Infrastruktur-, Umwelt- und Ressourcen- Management für hoch dynamische Metropolregionen
A publication of the Frankfurt UAS Rapid Planning Team for the journal TRANSFORMING CITIES, 1-2016, pag. 56-60.
Link to the complete article here.
Press articles on Rapid Planning have been published by Frankfurter Rundschau on September 23rd, 2014, and on May 14th, 2016.
Regular Rapid Planning News can be found here.
- Architect and Urban Planner
- Professor of Urban Design
- Course Director of International Master Programme “Urban Agglomerations” (M.Sc.)
- Eng. Deborah Machado Ayres
- M.Sc. Elvia Erosa Mercado
- M.Sc. Olga Korovina
- M.Sc. Monica Salazar Duenas
- M.Sc. Carlos Guerra Bustani
Rapid Planning Project Office
Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences
Building Kleiststr. 1, Room E 81
D-60318 Frankfurt am Main
Tel. +49 69 1533-3617
Tel. +49 69 1533-3694