Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christoph Wirth
Analyses and Synthesis of Mechanisms
- Technisches Wahlpflichtmodul im Fb 2
- Titelkurzbezeichnung: ASM
(Mechanical Devices for Industry)
- ANALYSIS OF MECHANISMS
- Four-bar linkages (Degree of mechanism freedom, chain-mechanism-motor mechanism, coupler curves)
- Multi-link mechanism
- Velocity and acceleration
- SYNTHESIS OF MECHANISMS
- Introduction. Structural synthesis.
- Synthesis of functions.
- Synthesis of trajectories.
- Synthesis of positions.
Credits: 5 ECTS
Official language: The language of the course is English.
The Programme SAM (Simulation and Analysis of Mechanisms) is used for the exercises.
You will find the DEMO-version on CD-ROM in Reference [G3].
The objective of the course is to give an overview of the techniques used in mechanical engineering for the analysis and synthesis of mechanisms.
This general goal takes shape in the following educational objectives:
- Concepts commonly applied to the analysis and synthesis of mechanisms.
- Learning of the graphical and analytical techniques commonly used in the synthesis of mechanisms, oriented to its application by means of computer science programs.
- Practice implementation of the knowledge and techniques acquired, by means of practical exercises of application in the industry and mechanical engineering.