Research Focus Sociological Approaches
Urban and Regional Sociology
- social structure
- municipal development planning
Barrier-free and Sustainable Planning and Construction
Interdisciplinary approaches to the development of sustainable solution models in the field of barrier-free architecture and universal design. Development of new structural, inclusive systems to meet the progressive demographic, socio-political and economic change in Europe and the resulting new challenges to our built environment. Synergy formation between the specialist groups: Architecture, Computer Science, Product Design, Social Work and Health (in cooperation with the disciplines BaSys - Intelligent Systems and - Case Management)
- Development of design concepts taking into account social and cultural aspects.
- Integration of energy-conscious strategies for the interaction of man - energy - environment in the local and global context. Focus: Sustainable design concepts for Sub-Saharan Africa (in cooperation with the College of Architecture, KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana).
Patterns of use of Space, Perception and Evaluation of Space
- Creative techniques and scientific methods for dealing with aesthetics and atmosphere in design processes
- Spatial and Product Semiotics: Signs of Cultural and Social Significance
- Perception of space, ways of use and types of space