Research Focus Sustainable Planning and Construction of Buildings
Intelligent Building Envelope
- Innovative hybrid facade as intelligent building envelope
Prof. Dr. Hans Georg Reinke
Acoustically effective Facades
- Investigations of urban space situations in large European cities with their structural situations and the resulting acoustic conditions
- Design and optimisation of acoustically effective façade surfaces with subsequent metrological evaluation using specially developed acoustic measurement methods.
- The Frankfurt High-rise Facade Days: Symposium on glass and facade construction held every two years.
Prof. Dr. Holger Techen
Dipl.-Ing. Jochen Krimm, M.A.
Adaptive Sun Protection Elements
- Design and further development of load-bearing structures and facades with parametric and generative design strategies taking into account structural and building physics requirements
- Project: Adaptivity in facades to increase the daylight comfort in buildings - Investigation of possible development of adaptive sun protection systems to increase the user comfort in buildings with regard to view and daylight supply while at the same time complying with high energy requirements for summer heat protection with generative design strategies.
Prof. Dr. Agnes Weilandt
Energetic Building Services Engineering
- Innovative energy concepts:
Low-energy buildings as the minimum structural standard for new buildings.
- Comfort and user satisfaction:
Systematic user surveys regarding the requirements with a focus on light, air, heat and sound.
Prof. Dr. Hans Jürgen Schmitz
- Energetic refurbishment of residential and non-residential buildings
- Innovative PlusEnergy Buildings
- Sustainable educational buildings, laboratory buildings, urban quarters
Dipl.-Ing. Sebastian Fiedler
Optimisation of the Building Energy Potential
- Optimisation of the energetic building potential and human well-being through urban microclimatic influences
- Influence of architectural design on sustainable building planning
- Interface man - building - comfort (user acceptance, surveys, comfort considerations)
- Energy saving and performance promotion through the use of daylight in buildings
- Drivers, acceptance and decision criteria for the realisation of sustainable construction
Prof. Dr. Heide G. Schuster
Sustainability in the Building Life Cycle
- Life cycle assessment of building materials and buildings
- Optimisation of the environmental impact of buildings over their entire life cycle
- Use of life cycle assessments in early planning phases of buildings
- Development of simple result representations for life cycle assessments of buildings for the evaluation of planning variants
Prof. Joost Hartwig
- Development of alternative dispute resolution mechanisms that are integrated into construction contracts and enable conflicts to be resolved promptly and effectively on site.
- Investigations on innovative construction techniques, presentation of the advantages and disadvantages compared to conventional methods.
Prof. Dr. Achim Hitzel
Sustainable Operation of Real Estate
- User surveys; determination and evaluation of energy and water consumption; cost controlling; process optimisation; determination and evaluation of life cycle costs
- Facility management in hospitals
- Benchmarking of FM Processes - Performance Quantities and Costs; Optimization of Area Arrangements
- Computer Aided Facility Management (CAFM)
- Interfaces between CAD and CAFM; optimization of inventory data acquisition; process mapping in CAFM
Prof. Dr. Jochen Abel