Build on your future!
The 'Welcome Year for Architecture' for refugees offers you the chance to combine undergraduate studies of architecture with intensive German courses. Modules of the first semester of the Bachelor's degree course Architecture will be distributed over the Welcome Year (2 semesters). This allows a combination of studying the technical language and intensive German language modules, which will qualify you from B1.2 up to a language level of C1. The goal is that you are able to take part in the German proficiency examination for higher education (DSH). You will be able to take part in the regular Bachelor degree course Architecture after one year.
Further information can be found on the pages of Bachelor degree course Architecture.
Study perspective for refugees
The 'Welcome Year at the Frankfurt UAS' is a preparatory measure for prospective students with migratory background interested in the degree courses Architecture (Faculty 1), Mechanical Engineering+ (Faculty 2) and Computer Science (Faculty 2).
The 'Welcome Year Frankfurt UAS' will start its fourth year in the summer semester 2019. Information events for the 'Welcome Year 2019/20' take place onWednesday, October 10, 2018, from 4 p.m. till 6 p.m. in room 111/112 (Building 4).
Requirements for a participation in the program:
- Direct higher education entrance qualification (Application via uniassist) https://ww2.uniassist.de/online/Frontend/Registrierung/index
- Interest in one of the mentioned degree courses
- Certificate 'Integration course' or German test B1 and passed assessment test (with at least 60%)
- Refugee ID or a similar document, which proves an application for asylum in Germany.
Our welcome package
- Initial consultation and checking of credentials at the International Office Welcome Year
- Personal consultation and support
- Beginning of the program (Winter academy 01/19, Intensive German course 03/19, 04/19 basic technical language course)
- German course B1+, B2 and DSH (German proficiency test for institutions of higher education) preparatory course with the goal DSH II- Examination to meet the admission requirements (Begin of studies 04/2020)
- Technical language course 'German for architects' and 'German for STEM'
- Technical courses in the respective degree course
- Workshops and excursions with relevance to higher education
- Optional practical internship
Application deadline is November 01, 2019 via uni-assist
- Welcome Year Faculty 1 for architecture or
- Welcome Year for Faculty 2 for mechanical engineering+ and computer science