Perspectives for refugees
The Welcome Year for refugees offers you the opportunity to connect studies with an intensive German course. The subject modules of the first semester are distributed on two semesters for the Welcome Year. Thereby allowing the attendance in intensive German courses. These qualify you from language level B1.2 to language level C1. The goal is for you to take part in the German language proficiency test (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang) in February 2020. After one year you will be able to complete regular studies.
The planned farewell party on Wednesday, April 1st will be postponed.
Counselling service by appointment
Fields of study with a perspective – computer science and mechanical engineering+
After completing the Welcome Year you are well prepared to start one of our degree courses: Product Development and Technical Design, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering and Service Engineering as well as Computer Science. All studies provide you with the necessary theoretical foundation as well as practical experiences to meet the challenges of the working world.
Requirements for participating in the Welcome Year
- Direct higher education entrance qualification (Application via uni-assist) https://ww2.uniassist.de/online/Frontend/Registrierung/index
- Interest in one of the mentioned degree courses
- Certificate 'Integration course' or German test B1 and passed assessment test (with at least 60%)
- Refugee ID or a similar document, which proves an application for asylum in Germany.
Our welcome package
- Individual counseling
- Supporting the process to obtain your university entrance qualification
- Entry-level teaching program (e.g. maths, technical mechanics, programming,...)
- Intensive German language courses („Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang“ (DSH) in February 2020)
- Guided by mentors
- Eight-week industrial internship, we will assist you during the application process