Additional offices and functions
Since 7/2019: Advisor in the ProCareer.Doc program by Mentoring Hesse
Since 4/2019: Member of the Faculty Council of the Faculty Business and Law
Since 10/2018: Expert in the Fulbright doctoral program Germany
Since 3/2011: Member / deputy member of the Senate of the Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences
Focus in teaching and research
About the person
- January 2003 to present: Professor of Business Law at Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences, courses taught: corporate law, founding and restructuring of companies, mergers and acquisitions, commercial law, contract law, contract drafting, negotiating contracts, civil law; January 1, 2007 to December 31, 2009 vice president
- July 1999 to December 2002, Legal Counsel at Group Legal Services and Corporate Development, Deutsche Amphibolin-Werke von Robert Murjahn GmbH & Co KG a major manufacturer of paints and coatings, July 2002 appointed Head Group Legal services and corporate development, with main practice areas corporate and commercial law, competition law and trademarks
- September 1997 to May 1999 lawyer at the law firm Graf Praschma & Heß, Frankfurt/M. with main practice areas corporate and commercial law
- February 1999 Doctor of Jurisprudence
- May 1994 to April 1997 Academic Assistant at the Goethe University, Frankfurt/M.
- May 1991 to April 1994 preparatory service in the court district of Wiesbaden Regional court: second state examination
- October 1983 to March 1991 law studies at the Univesity of Passau and the Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main: first state examination
Bachelor program (LL.B) Business Law:
Module: Business Law 1 (Course 4a and 4b)
Master program (LL.M) Negotiation and Design of Contracts
Module: Methodology of Contract Design and Negotiations
- Methodology of Negotiating (together with Dr. Martina Voigt)
Interdisciplinary general program
Module: Potential of Humanoid Robots in Social welfare and Health care
Students of Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences can find the documentation used in the courses mentioned above (presentations, exercises etc.) on the e-Learning platform moodle.
The passwords needed for the respective courses will be announced at the start of the semester in the lecture.
2010 - 2018: Academic coordination of "HESSE INTERNATIONAL SUMMER UNIVERSITY (ISU)” carried out in cooperation by the Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences and the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt am Main.
2010 - 2018: Academic Director (Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences) of "HESSE INTERNATIONAL SUMMER UNIVERSITY (ISU)," a joint project of Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences and Johann Wolfgang
Goethe University Frankfurt am Main.
- University of Economics in Katowice, Polen, 6.-11.05.2019
- Vietnamese-German-University (VGU), Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 8.-26.01.2018
- Vives University of Applied Sciences, Kortrijk, Belgien, 20.-24.11.2017
- Lahti University of Applied Sciences, Lahti, Finnland, 9.-12.10.2017
- Vietnamese-German-University (VGU), Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 9.-27.01.2017
- Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds, Great Britain, 12.-16.03.2012
- Vietnamese-German-University (VGU), Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 08/092010
- EWHA Womans University, Seoul, South Korea, 05-06/2010
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Faculty of Law, 08-12/2006
If you would like me to act as an advisor for your Bachelor or Master thesis, please feel free to suggest your own topics. However, please note that I generally only mentor theses that lie in my research / teaching areas. Please submit a brief, at most 2-page synopsis, in which you describe the objective of the thesis. Also submit an initial bibliography and table of contents together with the synopsis.
Please also note that it is only possible to implement the colloquiums (and complete the program) in the respective current semester if you have submitted the written thesis paper
- in the summer semester by June 30 and
- in the winter semester by January 15
If the paper is submitted at a later date, the colloquium may only take place in the following semester.
- Self-determined consent in the context of the power symmetry between providers and users of digital communication services
- Documentation duties according to General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO)
- Consent according to DSGVO in contractual relationships with structural imbalance
- Consent according to DSGVO in health care
- Rights of data subjects and information obligations according to DSGVO
- Use of cloud computing in health care according to DSGVO
- Women in management positions e.g. "Equal participation of women and men in management positions in stock corporations" or "The effects of the remuneration transparency law on the gender pay gap"
- Mixed leadership, e.g. "The legal framework for mixed leadership"
- Contract negotiations, e.g. "Special features of diverse negotiation teams"
- Business and social law, e.g. "Position and rights of the chairman of the shareholder meeting" or "Treatment of counter-proposals in the shareholder meeting"
Students may also submit their own proposals for the above-mentioned topics.