Visit the exhibition "Barrierefreies Wohnen und Leben"
The exhibition Independent Living Center can be visited and explored at the Faculty 4 Social Work and Health at Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences (Frankfurt UAS) in Frankfurt am Main.
Various technological solutions for independent living and accessible design are presented on more than 150qm. Target groups are the more than 3.200 students from the Faculty of Health and Social Work as well as students of nursing schools and other institutions that train health professionals. FRA-UAS cooperates with the Specialist Unit Independent Living of the VdK Social Association Hesse-Thuringia which advises and counsels people with frailty, chronic disease and disabilities, as well as their relatives and assistants.
- Experience different technologies and products for independent living
- Experience new light concepts like biodynamic light, light shower and more
- Test security concepts such as fall sensors and the fall mat, which make independent living easier
- Try out sensor-based products for ambient assisted living, telecare und telehealth
- Get to know emotional, social robots, and humanoid robots e.g. the therapeutic seal PARO, the toy dinosaur PLEO and different telepresence robots, NAO, PEPPER
- Get an insight into the range of mobility and daily living aids as well as assistive technologies.
The exhibition is open every last Wednesday each month from 2:00-4:00 p.m. without registration. The guided tour starts at 2:00 p.m.
Additional appointments in German, English or Turkish language are possible upon prior notice.
Video contribution to the exhibition
Hessian State Award for Universal Design 2013
In October 2013 the exhibition Independent Living Center was honoured with the Hessian State Award for Universal Design 2013.