Quicklink to our MBA:
ECTS credit points
Approx. one year before the start of the program at a cooperating business
Expert advisor of the program
Building BCN, Room 227
Phone +49 69 1533-3874
Fax: +49 69 1533-2903
Appointments on arrangement
Bachelor of Arts – B.A.
Who is not fascinated by the big, wide world of aviation? Aircrafts carry customers and goods quickly, safely and as comfortably as possible to their destinations. Frankfurt Airport, the largest in Germany, sees more than 470,000 aircraft movements, over 58 million passengers and more than 2 million tons of cargo in transit per year. Behind these impressive numbers you’ll find a highly complex system based on smooth cooperation between airports, airlines and air traffic control companies. The aviation industry is an engine for growth in constant change: it demands innovative strategies at all stages of the value creation chain and from all the players involved. The Aviation Management dual degree program offers you the opportunity to act in this highly dynamic market from the very beginning.
Theory and practice – in turns
This intensive program at the Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences guarantees especially high quality standards:
- Providing you with theoretical knowledge in a course of lectures and tutorials.
- Applying and developing your understanding through the practical immersion study phases at one of the participating companies from the aviation industry.
The course teaches the fundamentals required to start in a variety of professions: expertise in technical and methodological business management, scientific approaches, capacity building and problem-solving skills. At the same time it provides specialized knowledge of the aviation industry, its environment and its particular issues in national and international contexts.
The study phases alternate between theoretical and practical in 13-week intervals. We ensure that the competencies required for the working practice phases are defined together with the companies and are under constant scrutiny and development.
Duration and requirements
The course lasts six semesters and starts every year in the winter semester. The conditions for enrollment are the applied sciences university entrance qualification or the higher education entrance qualification AND a training contract with a participating company in the aviation industry.
Accreditation and degree
The Aviation Management (B.A.) program has been certified as an intensive course of study by ZEvA until 2018 and is worth 210 European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) credits. Upon the successful completion of your studies, you will receive the Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), which allows you to further supplement your studies with a master's degree.
- You are responsible for getting an internship contract with a participating company.
- Your application for an internship with a participating company of your choice might have to be received by late August of the year prior to your enrollment! The participating companies conduct a structured selection program, which usually includes several stages. Details of the application process can be found on the websites of the companies.
- You will benefit from practical experience during the immersion phases, providing you with the invaluable opportunity to network and make contacts within the company.
- As a special service, the participating companies will also provide you with a training allowance over the entire study period!