Professional practice semester PPS
The degree course in engineering at the Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences is practice-oriented. The practical study term is an important aspect of this practical orientation. It has the following goals:
- conscious choice of profession and identification with the profession civil engineer
- expanding and rounding off the learnt aspects through practical relevance and better presentability.
- introduction to the tasks of engineers through practical tasks and taking over responsibility in work processes
- expanding knowledge in collaborative work fields
- shortening of the orientation and onboarding phase at the start of the career
- elevation of the professional chances through personal contacts
- assessment of personal social competencies
- improved foreign language competence in practical term abroad
These goals cannot be achieved alone by the institution of higher education, it is dependent on companies, engineering offices or administrations in the civil engineering field who would like to shape the training in professional practice and studies together with our institution of higher education.
More information for interested companies (German only)
Exam regulations as of June 12, 2013, published on December 19, 2013, RSO 336
Extension of validity period
Extension of validity period as of May 04, 2015, published on May 18, 2015, PR-schB RSO 38-15