We don't take long to get started: In our degree course Mechanical Engineering (B.Eng.), you will study in a practice-oriented manner right from the start – in several laboratories, in small groups and in a personal learning environment. You can choose between our four specializations Automotive Engineering, Digitalization, Designand Calculation or Production and Manufacturing.
Our program director, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Stefan Dominico, will be happy to provide you with personal advice or further information. By the way: Here at Frankfurt UAS, you can also study Mechanical Engineering as a German-Spanish double degree program!
About your Studies
All beginnings are difficult? We make it easy for you to get started – with our start-up project for Mechanical Engineering courses! For two weeks at the beginning of the semester, you work in small teams on creative questions. All groups compete against each other. It's not about perfect technical knowledge, but about ingenuity, affinity for technology and team spirit.
- Automotive Engineering: You will deepen your knowledge of everything to do with the "automobile" and learn, among other things, how an engine works, how the various assemblies in a vehicle communicate with each other, and also how to develop a vehicle in such a way that the occupants are protected in the event of an accident.
- Digitalization: Industry 4.0 is the keyword here - it's about the digitalization of industrial production. Intelligent systems offer the chance to make production steps in companies more flexible, more transparent and to link them more efficiently.
- Design and Calculation: Do you enjoy developing new things and designing them so that they will last a long time? Then this focus will teach you, among other things, how product development "works", fundamentals for computational design, and also how to use computer applications to design and calculate.
- Production and Manufacturing: Development completed? The next step is manufacturing. In this focus area, you will deepen your knowledge of the production and manufacturing processes available to you for this purpose.
Students may face many challenges. We know this, and we won't leave you to deal with them alone! Whether it's support with learning math and physics, writing lab reports, finding an internship, or simply advice – we are there for you with our wide range of support services (German only). We are also happy to advise you directly: Just contact our STEPS team.
Everyone knows that cars have something to do with Mechanical Engineering. But Mechanical Engineering is much more than that, and without Mechanical Engineering, little would work in today's high-tech world. Whether it is the planning and construction of printing presses, the development of dentists' chairs or the manufacture of coffee machines, machines and systems play an important role in almost all areas. And as the name suggests, mechanical engineers are responsible for their construction. Thus, as a graduate, you can work in very different fields of Mechanical Engineering: i.e. as a developer of electric motors in the automotive sector, as a designer in the consumer goods sector, as a planner of large production plants or as a calculation engineer in the simulation sector. Your career prospects are excellent!
- In our Master's program General Mechanical Engineering (4 semesters), you can choose between five exciting specializations: Automotive Engineering, Computational Engineering, Product Development, Production and Biomechanics.
- The automotive industry is in a state of upheaval – help design the change: Starting in the winter semester 2022/23, we will offer the 3-semester interdisciplinary Master's program Mechatronics and Automotive Engineering.