If you are applying for a Master program in German you must submit a certification that your German language skills are at least C1 level together with your application documents.

In order to be enrolled at Frankfurt UAS, you must pass the DSH exam (DSH-2) or present an equivalent certificate.

The following exams are equivalent to the DSH-2:

  • "Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung ZOP"
  • "Kleines oder Großes Sprachdiplom"
  • "Deutsches Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz"
    (all of them being Goethe Institute exams)
  • "TestDaF exam" with a test result of 4*4 TDN 
    (offered worldwide in TestDaF centers)

DSH – Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang

At Frankfurt UAS you can take the DSH-exam.

The “Zentrale Mittelstufenprüfung ZMP”, "DSH 1 or TestDaF with at least 14 points (e.g. TDN) and other C1 level certificates are sufficient to apply for taking the DSH (German Language Test for Higher Education Entry).

Without a pass in that exam on level 2 (DSH-2) or an equivalent exam students can not be enrolled: the admission will expire automatically.

For applicants holding a B2 certificate there is a  German course at our university to prepare for the DSH examination.

Please consult the website of the Master program that you have chosen in order to find out, if an English language certificate is required and which ones are accepted.

You may also refer to topic "Welche Unterlagen benötigt uni-assist von mir?" (Which documents are required) on the page Bewerbungsverfahren.

You do not need any German language certificate to apply for English-taught Master programs.

Conditional admission letters

We do not issue conditional admission letters.

If you want to study German in Germany, please look for a suitable language school and apply for a "study preparing visa".

International OfficeID: 3457
last updated on: 12.31.2019