For an easy start into your student's life at the Frankfurt UAS we have arranged some guidance for you that will help you to orient yourself quickly and get the information you need.
It's starting again in April 2019! The lecture period is starting with a three-day-orientation for our freshmen. We recommend to take part for a good kick-off so you can get information about studying at Frankfurt UAS but also especially for your course. Please check the following information.
Best wishes for your start!
Your Course Guidance Center
Prior to the start of lectures
- Enrollment: Here you can find a check list of the things that need to be brought along for enrollment.
- Pre-courses: Some degree courses offer special pre-courses prior to the start of lectures. Information about the respective offers can be found here soon.
Simplification of student work
- The library: not only for bookworms.
- The Campus IT: WLAN, programs for download and more.
- The e-learning platform 'moodle' (German only): everything online.
- Language Center: language expert.
- Room to work and study: the self-study center and other learning spaces.
- A mentor to have support in questions about studying can be found in the peer mentoring program.
Accommodation, jobs, study financing
- Accommodation: An overview of student residences in Frankfurt and surroundings by the Studentenwerk Frankfurt.
- Jobs: A lot of students work on the side. Here (German only) you can find an overview of job portals of the Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences.
- Study financing: Find an overview on the best financing options here. Please also note the consultation appointments of the Studentenwerk.
Newsfeed – current information for all first-year students on a regular basis
The General Students' Committee (AStA) created a Facebook group for you in order to be adequately prepared for the start of the semester and be able to ask questions to students of higher semesters or to make first connections with your new fellow students. All first-year students of all faculties are invited to sign up with the group Ersties@Frankfurt UAS Sommersemester 2019.
Link to the Facebook page (independent offer of the General Students' Committee - AStA)