Are you studying at the Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences and need professional help to cope with emotional stress situations? You are not alone in this. The period of study is also a phase of personal development in which difficulties or crises can occur. We are glad to be here for you!
Frequent issues that require psychotherapeutic counseling are for instance:
- Exam nerves or other anxieties
- Conflicts in relationships, with relatives or other personal relationships
- Difficulties to meet new people, a sense of loneliness, feeling isolated
- Serious self-doubt and insecurity
- Sleeping disorders and other psychosomatic stress symptoms
- Work and concentration disorders
Also in cases of mental problems, such as depression, anxiety, eating disorders, addictions, compulsions, traumatization, psychotherapeutic counseling may be used for purposes of self-evaluation, support or tiding yourself over.
You may also want to use psychotherapeutic counseling if you plan to start or resume your studies after a lengthy severe psychological disorder or mental illness.
Jannika Hummel is a psychologist and psychotherapist with several years of professional experience in psychological counseling and psychotherapy. It is her aim to accompany and support students on their way to a competent, self-confident and responsible handling of their mental health and well-being.
Frequent issues that require psychosocial counseling are for instance:
- Anxiety over diminished motivation
- Anxiety of failure, fear of speaking, dealing with exam stress
- Planning problems, procrastination
- Dealing with dilemmas or making difficult decisions or choices
- Issues concerning self-esteem, assertiveness, self confidence
- Family or relationship problems
- Detachment from home
- Dealing with loneliness, difficulties to meet new people
- Dealing with bereavement and grief
- Cross-cultural issues, e.g. value conflicts
Please make an appointment via e-mail or telephone with the respective counselor. You may also use the open consultation hours for an initial appointment (currently not possible).
Often just one session helps to find a solution or a new way to deal with a problem. Sometimes a few additional sessions can be helpful. One session is usually about 50 minutes long. The counseling is free of charge and is strictly confidential by complying with the obligation to discretion.