Are you studying at the Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences and need professional help to cope with emotional stress situations? You are not alone in this. The period of study is also a phase of personal development in which difficulties or crises can occur. We are glad to be here for you!
Frequent issues that require psychosocial counseling are for instance:
- Motivation problems, learning blockage
- Fears, e.g. fear of failure, speech anxiety, exam stress
- Issues related to self-esteem, self-confidence, assertiveness
- Feelings of dejection, lack of drive
- Stressful conflicts
- Family or relationship problems
- Loneliness, difficulties meeting new people
- Identity crisis, life planning
- Dealing with loss and grief
- Cross-cultural issues, value conflicts, getting along in a new country
Please note: Due to maternity leave Mrs. Hummel will be out of office until further notice
Frequent issues that require psychotherapeutic counseling are for instance:
- Exam nerves or other anxieties
- Conflicts in relationships, with relatives or other personal relationships
- Difficulties to meet new people, a sense of loneliness, feeling isolated
- Serious self-doubt and insecurity
- Sleeping disorders and other psychosomatic stress symptoms
- Work and concentration disorders
Also in cases of mental problems, such as depression, anxiety, eating disorders, addictions, compulsions, traumatization, psychotherapeutic counseling may be used for purposes of self-evaluation, support or tiding yourself over.
You may also want to use psychotherapeutic counseling if you plan to start or resume your studies after a lengthy severe psychological disorder or mental illness.
Jannika Hummel is a psychologist and psychotherapist with several years of professional experience in psychological counseling and psychotherapy. It is her aim to accompany and support students on their way to a competent, self-confident and responsible handling of their mental health and well-being.
Often, even a single session helps you to work out possible solutions and discover new perspectives. Sometimes a few additional sessions are helpful. An appointment usually lasts about 50 minutes. The consultation is free of charge for you and is treated strictly confidential.
To make an individual appointment, please send an email to rihab.dubau(at)stuport.fra-uas.. Please briefly state your request and your preferred form of consultation (in person, via video call or by phone). de