Orientation Program for Incomings
STEPS Frankfurt*International is a cooperation project of the Language Center and the International Office.
The program is aimed at international prospective students and offers orientation not only in everyday university life in Germany, but also in the future intended course of study. There is close cooperation with Faculty 2 (Computer Science and Engineering), but the program is also open to those interested in other Faculties.
STEPS Frankfurt*International conveys German language skills at an academic level and also offers a specialized orientation program as preparation for studying at Frankfurt UAS.
The participation in the study preparation is the basis for a successful start to your studies.
Why should you participate in STEPS Frankfurt*International?
- STEPS Frankfurt*International prepares you linguistically, professionally and interculturally for your studies.
- The 1-2 semester study preparation starts with a B2 course and ends with a DSH exam.
- examination of your university entrance qualification
- Precise and practical study orientation.
Who is the program for?
STEPS Frankfurt*International is offered to international prospective students who, among other things:
- can demonstrate a B1 or B2 German language level (CEFR) with a certificate
- would prefer to study at the Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences
- as well as to refugees who have applied via uni-assist.
Valid certificates are listed below.
Equivalent certificates will be checked on a case-by-case basis. For language certificates older than 2 years, please submit a current language certificate or we reserve the right to conduct a mandatory placement test.
Valid certificates for participation in the program
For the B2 course, German language skills of at least level B1 CEFR are required - Provable with one of the following language certificates:
- Goethe Certificate B1
- ÖSD Certificate B1
- Telc B1
- German language diploma KMK level DSD I
- TestDaF TND 3 in at least one section
- B1 language certificates from another college/university
- Passing the B2 exam is mandatory for further participation in the C1/DSH preparation course.
For the C1/DSH preparation course, German language skills of at least level B2 CEFR are required - Provable with one of the following language certificates:
- Goethe Certificate B2
- ÖSD Certificate B2
- Telc B2
- German language diploma KMK level DSD II
- TestDaF TND 3 in all sections
- B2 Language certificates from another college/university
What does STEPS Frankfurt*International include?
Three pillars form the basis for our successful pre study program - language, subject & workshop program.
During your participation in the STEPS Frankfurt*International program, you will be supported and accompanied by experts, mentors and buddies.
A successful start to your studies!
The three pillars of STEPS Frankfurt*International
- wide range of workshops for training methodological, action and social skills
- Introduction to academic teaching and learning culture
- Digital infrastructure on campus / IT training
- Competence and application training
- Living and studying in Frankfurt / Germany
- Advice on social and residence issues
- Teaching of regional studies and intercultural competence, etc
We recommend all applicants to have their HZB (university entrance qualification) tested via uni-assist. Please see here for further information.
Important note for prospective students with a refugee background: the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) covers 75% of the course fees of refugees. Refugees who want to have 75% of the course fees reimbursed must have their documents checked via uni-assist.
For more information on study perspectives for refugees, click here.