Kaan Celebi has been a lecturer for quantitative methods and economics at Faculty 3 of the Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences since the beginning of the winter semester 2014/2015.
After completing his Master's degree in Economics (M.A.) at Justus Liebig University Giessen in 2014, he completed his doctoral studies at the University of Wuppertal, Chair of Macroeconomic Theory and Policy, in 2020 with the title "Impact of Macroeconomic Factors and Policy Events on the Financial and Real Economy" (grade: "magna cum laude").
During his doctoral studies and teaching activities, he participated in numerous research projects in Frankfurt and Wuppertal. Currently, he is also active in research at the European Institute for International Economic Relations (EIIW) at the University of Wuppertal.
International Economics, Economic Policy, Financial Economics, FDI & Sustainable Economics
- “EU Cohesion plus Growth Policy Issues and Economic Convergence as a Challenge for the Post-Corona EU Recovery” (with Paul J.J. Welfens), 2021, EIIW Discussion Paper No. 307 (forthcoming).
- “FDI and Sustainability: Empirical Findings and Policy Implications” (with Paul J.J. Welfens & Tian Xiong), 2021, EIIW Discussion Paper No. 306 (forthcoming).
- “New Aspects of the International Demand for Reserves: The Role of Inward Foreign Direct Investment” (with Paul J.J. Welfens), 2021, EIIW Discussion Paper No. 310 (forthcoming).
- “FDI Globalization and the New Phillips Curve: Role of Multinational Companies and Institutional Changes” (with Paul J.J. Welfens), 2021, EIIW Discussion Paper No. 301.
- “The Stock Market and the Labor-Income Risk in the US: Empirical Findings and Policy Implications” (with Paul J.J. Welfens), 2021, EIIW Discussion Paper No. 291.
Submitted to the Journal of Money, Credit and Banking
- “The Economic Impact of Trump: Conclusions from an Impact Evaluation Analysis” (with Paul J.J. Welfens), 2020, EIIW Discussion Paper No. 281.
- “CO2 Allowance Price Dynamics and Stock Markets in EU Countries: Empirical Findings and Global CO2-Perspectives” (with Paul J.J. Welfens), 2020, EIIW Discussion Paper No. 267, paper presented at the International Joseph A. Schumpeter Society Meeting, Rome 2021.
- “The Impact of Macroeconomic Factors and Policy Events on the Financial and Real Economy”, 2020, Bergische Universität Wuppertal, Doctoral Thesis.
- “ParkenDigital – Entwicklung von übertragbaren Erhebungsmethoden unter Berücksichtigung innovative Technologien zur Parkraumdatengenerierung und Digitalisierung des Parkraums” (with Petra Schäfer, Tobias Hagen, Katharina Lux and Marco Wolf), 2019, Final report of a research project funded by the mFUND of the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI) about data generation and digitization of parking space.
- 18th Conference of the International Joseph A. Schumpeter Society, July 2021, Luiss University, Rome, Italy
- International Conference on Economic Modeling and Data Science (ECOMOD 2021), July 2021 at the University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy
- Royal Economic Society Symposium of Junior Researchers 2021, June 2021 at Queen’s University Belfast, UK
- International Conference on European Studies (CefES2021), June 2021, University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy
- Scottish Economic Society Annual Conference 2021, April 2021, Glasgow University, UK
- 13th FIW Research Conference in International Economics, February 2021, Research Centre International Economics FIW, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria
- 9th Workshop on Industrial and Public Economics (WIPE), Research Centre on Economics and Sustainability (ECO-SOS), February 2021 at the Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Reus, Spain
- 34th EBES Conference Athens, January 2021, University of Piraeus, Athens, Greece
- 22nd INFER Annual Conference, December 2020, Université Sorbonne Paris Nord, Paris, France (Best Paper Award Finalist with: “Quo Vadis, Britain? – Implications of the Brexit process on the UK’s real economy”)
- XIV World Conference of the Spatial Econometrics Association 2020, November 2020, Jönköping University, Sweden (cancelled due to the Corona pandemic)
- 8th International Conference on Business, Economics, Management and Marketing (ICBEMM), March 2019, University of Oxford, St Anne's College, Oxford, UK
- 27th International Conference on Money, Banking and Finance, December 2018, LUISS University, Rome, Italy
- 1st and 2nd EIIW/Bundesbank workshop: The Influence of Brexit on the EU28, March 2018 and October 2018, Wuppertal and Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- 57th Southwestern Finance Association Annual Conference, March 2018, Albuquerque, NM, USA
- 4th Research Symposium of the Faculty of Business and Law (Frankfurt UAS), May 2017, Frankfurt am Main, Germany