We generally distinguish between
- Degree courses without admission restrictions ('open degree courses')
- Degree courses with admission restrictions ('NC-degree courses')
- Dual degree courses
The studies are generally started in the first semester of a degree course. There are different paths for applicants with German credentials in open and admission-restricted degree courses.
Applicants with foreign credentials have to follow the same application process. The application must be submitted in any case via uni-assist in Berlin in time.
Further information and contacts can be found on the pages of the International Office.
NC-restricted degree courses
Admission-restricted degree courses
The distinct aspect of degree courses with restricted admission (so-called NC-restricted degree courses) is that only a limited number of study places are available. There are basically more prospective students interested in studying this program than actual study places. Therefore, prospective students must apply for these study places in a certain way and within a certain time frame.
You can apply for the degree courses listed below with help of our online application form. Once the application is filled out completely, you can print it off and sign it.
The signed application must be submitted at the latest by July 15, 2018 for the winter semester 2018/2019. If there are certain admission prerequisites mandatory Proof of internship or language proficiency, these must only be presented once you enrol in the respective degree course. Applications received after the deadline are excluded from the proceedings.
A timely submission of the application is not sufficient, if you submit a special application (hardship, compensation for disadvantages) or if you apply for the degree course Social Work :transnational. All documents listed under prerequiste conditions must be submitted along with your application.
Applicants applying under the pilot project to be accepted to an institution of higher education with a school leaving certificate and apprenticeship in Hesse, must also submit additional documents. (Further information can be found on the page Studying without higher education entrance qualification. This information is available in German only.)
Once the main procedure to fill the NC study places is completed, possibly free, not occupied study places are given to not admitted candidates during succession procedures. The selection in the succession procedure takes place without an additional application in accordance with the same criteria like in the main proceeding. You automatically take part in the succession procedure, if you were not accepted in the main procedure.
NC-Bachelor degree courses in the field Business and Law
The Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences takes part in the dialog-oriented service proceedings (Dialogorientierten Serviceverfahren (DOSV) of the foundation 'Stiftung der Hochschulzulassung - hochschulstart.de' in the winter semester 2018/2019 with the following Bachelor degree courses:
- Business Administration (B.A.)
- International Business Administration (B.A.)
- International Finance (B. Sc.)
- Public and Non-Profit Management (B.A.)
- Commercial Law (LL.B.)
The dialog-oriented service proceeding (Dialogorientiertes Serviceverfahren (DOSV) is a central proceeding that federally coordinates locally admission restricted degree courses and ensures that no study place remains empty.
Once the applicants have successfully registered on the application portal hochschulstart.de, they can view the current status of their application via the DOSV, as well as other admission offers in their user account.
Please register on the application portal hochschulstart.de, if you would like to apply for the first semester of one of these Bachelor degree courses. Your completely filled out and signed form must be submitted to the Admissions Office of the Frankfurt UAS at the latest by July 15, 2018.
- 10% of the study places are reserved for foreign applicants who are not EU citizens
- 5% of the study places are reserved for cases of extraordinary hardship
- 3% of the study places are reserved for applicants for a second degree
- In addition, all applicants are admitted who are entitled to a study place due to an earlier entitlement to study after having served
- 80% of the remaining study places are awarded in consideration of the grade point average (higher education entrance qualification) and 20% in consideration of the waiting period.
More information can be found in the respective legal sources.
Open degree courses
Degree courses without restricted admissions
Every student receives a study place in open admission degree courses. No admission application and no application is necessary. You enroll directly at the admissions office and present the required documents (Certificate and possibly a Proof of internship). You will be enrolled if the respective requirements are met:
- Original higher education entrance qualification
- Proof of internship (for the degree courses Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Online, Service Engineering, Product Development and Technical Design). Please present the original proof of internship and a copy if you would like to enroll into the degree courses Mechanical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Online.
- Proof of completed training in care (only for the degree course Care and Case Management)
Further documents that need to be presented:
- ID or passport
- Proof of student health insurance coverage or the respective proof of exemption
- the filled out questionnaire
- if necessary proof of previous studies including time at the university of cooperative education
- if necessary proof of not passing preliminary, intermediate and final examinations
- a picture.
The enrollment must be rejected if the required documents are not presented in the required form or meet the content requirements or a preliminary, intermediate or final examination was finally not passed at a different German institution of higher education in the desired degree course. We possibly may request the presentation of further documents upon enrollment.
Dual degree courses
Dual degree courses are characterized by higher education linked with training at a company. Practical phases at a company and study phases at the Frankfurt UAS take place alternately in accordance with a determined schedule.
High school graduates must apply at cooperating companies and present a training or study contract prior to enrolling into the degree course. The application rounds at cooperating companies usually start one year ahead of time, which means that an application at the stated companies must be submitted one year ahead of the study begin. These degree courses are therefore only open to those who have a respective training or study contract (see table below) along with the other requirements and can present it at the time of enrollment.
A training agreement concluded via the EBL Bildungszentrum Frankfurt des Bildungswerks Bau HessenThüringen e.V. or the Maler-und Lackiererinnung Rhein-Main: further information.
- Study contract with the company Siemens
- Pre-study internship (contextual requirement see attachment 1)
Required documents for enrollment:
- Higher education entrance qualification in accordance with the regulations of the Higher Education Act of Hesse in its valid version.
- Apprenticeship contract to become a geomatics expert and additional agreement to the apprenticeship contract with a company or an institution, which has concluded a cooperation agreement with the Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences for a bachelor degree course in Geomatics and Public Works (dual).
- Here is the link to the Homepage and training site of our cooperation partners 'Administration for Ground Management and Geoinformation Hesse (Hessiche Verwaltung für Bodenmanagement und Geoinformation (HVBG))
Study contract with one of the cooperating companies.
Contact information can be found here (German only).
The study placement regulation Hesse regulates the procedure of admissions to a degree course in a higher semester. The complete text can be found on our homepage under legal sources (German only).
If a degree course is changed, it must be decided whether the student can be placed in a higher semester due to already completed study and examination credits, or not. The respective application should be submitted as early as possible, so that it can be processed quickly and the student can be placed in the appropriate semester.
The continuation of studies at a different institution of higher education or in the case of study break at the same institution of higher education in the next higher semester (also without respective prior recognition of credits, but rather a continuation of the counting of the completed semesters) is only possible in the same degree course. The same degree course means the degree course with exactly the same title. The only exception is: different titling such as "Betriebswirtschaft" and "Business Administration" are classified as it has the same name.
The application to continue in a higher semester must be submitted via our Online application tool. The same admission requirements apply for higher semesters as if student applies for the first semester. Please note the different Application deadlines for admission-restricted and open admission degree courses (German only).
Please note that there are different regulations for applicants with foreign credentials. Further information can be found under International Office.