we are glad that you are here. The start of your studies is always exciting. On this page, we have compiled the most important information for you. If you have further questions, you can contact our Freshmen-Hotline or get in touch via e-mail: willkommen(at)fb2.fra-uas.. de
Thordis Michalke (Ms., Dean of Studies Faculty 2)
Must do before the start of the first lecture
To be able to start your studies, you have to do the following:
Activate your Campus IT account ("CIT account"). To do this, please process the e-mail you received from our Campus IT (all details in the e-mail). In this way, you will receive your own university e-mail address which is used to communicate all important information at the university. Please note: if you cannot find the e-mail, please check your spam folder.
Register on Moodle. This learning platform is your most important source of information during your studies; here you will find your timetable and information on your lectures, scripts and assignments. This tutorial explains how to register. You will need your university e-mail address.
Prepare your working environment. Your online lectures will run with tools like Zoom and Adobe Connect. Of course, there are no costs for you, you only need an internet-compatible end device (ideally with a camera) and, if possible, a headset. For students who do not have the necessary equipment, there are several PC pool rooms available at the university. You can also download the Moodle app to your mobile phone.
Take part in the preliminary Maths and Physics courses for undergraduates (Bachelor students) - March 31, April 1 and 4, 5, 6. More information you will find here (in German).
In summer semester 2022, we hope to have mainly normal courses at our university. However, the two Master Programs High Integrity Systems and Information technology will be hybrid in the summer semester. The central contact point is our learning platform Moodle.
You can find your timetable in the Moodle course of your teaching unit (for Moodle registration see "What do I have to do before the start of the lecture?):
- Mechanical Engineering: Cluster-M
- Electrical Engineering: Lehreinheit-E
- Computer Science: I, WI, HIS
In these courses you will find links to every module in your timetable. You can then enrol yourself in the courses of your lectures and seminars. You don't know to which teaching unit your course belongs? Find out here.
- April 7, 8 and 11, 2022 (Thursday, Friday and Monday the following week) introductory days for Bachelor students - more information you will find on our general page here [German]
- Preparation course in maths and physics for undergraduates (Bachelor students): March 31, April 1 and 4, 5, 6. More information you will find here (in German).
- April 8, 2022 (Friday) on campus for all students 12:00-2:00pm support services present themselves and afterwards get together on campus
- April 11, 2022 (Monday) introductory day for Master students - room or meeting code you will find on our general page here
- 10:30-12:00pm Welcome Meeting by the Vice President, the International Office, Student's Representative our Language and Sports Center (online (zoom) and on campus (building 4, room 8))
- 12:45-1:45pm Welcome by your course director and Presentation of relevant information on your course program (online and on campus)
- 2:00-4:30pm Fresh(wo)men Introduction (online and on campus)
- April 12, 2022: First day of lectures for all students
Important links from A to Z
- Advice and support for international students
- Campus IT (German only)
- Complaint Management (German only)
- Corona FAQ
- Computer room (German only) at the university
- Examination board Faculty 2 (German only)
- Family office (German only)
- General Student Committee (AStA) (German only)
- Initiative for parents/uni staff with care responsibilities
- Job portal of the university (German only)
- Learning platform Moodle
- Language Center
- Library with online services
- Moodle-App for Android
- Moodle-App for IOS
- Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint ...) for students
- Psychosocial counselling
- Studentenwerk: Halls of residence
- Student Mentoring at Faculty 2 (German only)
- Study financing
- Studying with disabilities
- Support services for students (German only)
- Webmail Student E-Mail