- Since 1 September 2020, Professor of Civil Law, in particular law of contracts and contract design at the Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences
- 2015-2020 Visiting Professor at the Free University of Berlin, the University of Mannheim, the University of Münster and the University of Hamburg.
- 2006-2017 Research Assistant and Habilitation Candidate at the Centre for European Legal Policy (ZERP) at the University of Bremen (Chair of Prof. Dr. Schmid), from September 2015 in the position of temporary academic councilor
- 2005-2006 Master studies at the University of Oxford
- 2002-2005 Research Assistant and PhD Candidate at the Institute for International Business Law (Chair of Prof. Dr. Schulze) at the University of Münster
- 2000-2002 Legal clerkship at the Local Court of Dortmund
- 1999 six-month internship at the law firm studio legale Gebhard in Milan
- 1994-98 Law studies at the University of Münster