FAQs - the most frequently asked questions and answers to them

When does the winter semester/summer semester start or when do the lectures begin?

All semester start information can be found at the link below: To the semester dates


Where can I get information or advice?

Dorit Richter, e-mail:, Tel.: +49 69 1533-3887, offers comprehensive advice on questions concerning the decision to study, study content and career prospects.

Questions about admission requirements and application procedures can be answered by the study office.

Students with foreign degrees should contact the International Office.


Can I apply to Frankfurt UAS even if I don't have a study contract?

No, that is not possible.

Important! You yourself conclude a study training contract with a cooperating institution/municipality of your choice BEFOREhand!

Attention. Please note the different application deadlines of the individual cooperating institutions/municipalities. In most cases, the cooperation partners expect your application one year before the intended start of studies (end of August of the previous year). It is essential that you inform yourself in good time.


What is a university entrance qualification? Is my university entrance qualification valid in Hesse?

A university entrance qualification is the diploma that entitles you to study at a German university. In principle, the following university entrance qualifications are valid in all German states:

  • General university entrance qualification
  • Specialized university entrance qualification
  • Advanced technical college
  • Master Craftsman Exam
  • Certificate of successful participation in the university entrance examination for vocationally qualified persons (see ordinance)
  • The certificate of the specialized secondary school
  • The certificate contains a corresponding note, such as "in accordance with the agreement on uniform requirements for the acquisition of the Fachhochschulreife in (vocational) courses of education - resolution of the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs of .... - this certificate entitles the holder to study at universities of applied sciences in all Länder of the Federal Republic of Germany".

If you are not sure whether you have a university entrance qualification valid for Hesse, you have the option of having us check your certificate in advance. If your certificate consists of a scholastic and a practical part, please be sure to follow the instructions for determining the certificate date.


Where can I find the timetable for the course?

All important documents such as timetables, applications, etc. can be found under: My studies.


Where can I get information about lectures that have been cancelled?

With the help of the "bulletin board" we inform you online at short notice about changes in the timetable, room changes, postponements and event cancellations. How to get to the bulletin board after enrollment is described in detail under Warmup for our freshmen under the heading "Step by step into your studies".

Website editorial teamID: 11535
last updated on: 12.04.2023