The new degree course in the field of electrical engineering with additional possibility for in-depth studies
Electro technical solutions are entirely incorporated into our everyday life. Current topics such as 'Industry 4.0', 'renewable energies', 'Internet of things' or 'smart home' offer exciting tasks as for the engineer of the future.
In the bachelor's degree course Electrical Engineering and Information Technology you can choose one of the three major fields of study after the second semester:Automation technology, Energy technology and Information and Communication Technology.
Downloads (German only)
The degree course qualifies its graduates for demanding tasks in the industry, in public institutions and in science. Students are able to independently work in the areas of planning, implementation, operation, maintenance and development of electrical facilities within the automation technology of electrical engineering and communication technology with IT.
- The energy technology (ET) sector is seeking graduates for the development, application, project planning and sales in the areas of energy production (conventional and regenerative), power transmission and distribution, as well as usage of electrical energy in the private and industrial sector.
Information and Communication Technology
- There is a constant demand for graduates in the field of information and communication technology. The students are appropriately prepared for the current requirements due to the further development of the degree course in the field of Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
Here you can find the obligatory modules of the faculty. The abbreviations behind the modules will tell you for which degree courses the modules can be elected.
Students with a German university entrance qualification:
- Application deadline for the winter semester: September 30
- Application deadline for the summer semester: April 1
- Application via our Student Support and Services department (StuPort)
Students with an international university entrance qualification:
- Application deadline for the winter semester: September 1
- Application deadline for the summer semester: March 1
- Application via the platform uni-assist
Students, whose course of study has deviated from the regular course of full-time studies – for whatever reason – can seek personal counseling from the Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences.
Goal of the counseling is, while considering personal conditions of an individual course of study, to graduate in an appropriate period of time. In order to reach this goal, we will develop a course plan together with you.
It is also checked whether there are reasons for a formal application of part-time studies. Additional information about the requirements and study organization of part-time studies can be found on the pages of the Admissions office.
The consultation is offered by the degree course counselors or the degree counselor of your degree course. Please schedule an appointment via email.
Students graduating from the program will be able to analyze problems relating to systems architecture and network planning, as well as hardware and software development and develop scientifically grounded solutions in interdisciplinary teams. As practically oriented engineers, they will be able to responsibly fulfil roles and tasks in electrical engineering for industry, planning offices, public service institutions and research. Students graduating from the program receive a certification that carries the quality seal for Europe-wide accredited standards for engineering programs.
According to the VDE there are annually approximately 10,000 positions not filled by university graduates in these three core areas of electrical engineering.