If you want your personal success to benefit everyone.
Those who study with us today can change the world tomorrow. Are you convinced that it should not always be about profit? You are absolutely right! In this degree program, you'll learn how to use business skills for the good of all and prepare for a professional career in public service or the non-profit sector. We're all about Future, Monday through Friday.
Why us – why here?
Small groups, direct contact with the lecturers, practical relevance to companies, cosmopolitan atmosphere on campus, mega opportunities on the job market, exciting practical case projects, internationality and semesters abroad guaranteed - and last but not least: an interdisciplinary professional and personal education as a return on investment for life.
Additional information for...
Continuing education for auditors
Public and Non-Profit Management
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
Standard period of study
Type of study
ZEvA until 30.09.2027
Start of studies*
Every winter semester
Application deadline for the summer semester
Application deadline for the winter semester
The study program
"Studying service to society. Optimizing the benefits for the common good" is how the degree program can be summarized in short. Did you know that the public sector is Germany's largest employer, with over 4.5 million employees? Modernization measures are ensuring that the public sector is increasingly perceived as "public service management" with clear objectives, making a customer-oriented and economic contribution to safeguarding the common good. In order to make the public sector efficient and effective - also in cost -knowledge and management methods are being applied that are familiar from the private sector (and beyond!). No wonder, then, that the need for business economists - who are also familiar with the legal and economic peculiarities of the public sector - is great.
The degree program qualifies you for a wide range of specialist and management tasks in public administrations and companies, non-profit organizations or commercial enterprises, provided they are publicly regulated or perform tasks on behalf of the public sector. Possible fields of application and work will be found in organizational design, personnel management and human resources management, controlling and reporting, procurement and logistics, marketing, finance and accounting, information and communication management, and investment management.
The program is designed for seven semesters. In the 6th semester, the practical training includes a semester of work experience in the public sector or other non-profit organizations. In addition, there is the opportunity to study at a European partner university in the 2nd or 3rd semester.
This degree program is geared towards a professional career in a legally regulated industry. Therefore, it features a high proportion of legal science modules that focus on your language competence. In parallel, business methods and techniques are taught that go far beyond traditional business administration and focus on your future numeracy skills.
Two focus topics (elective modules) are available for selection:
1. focus: Sustainable resource management
- Economic, technological and ecological framework conditions of resource management in supply and disposal.
- Legal and political framework of resource management in supply and disposal.
- economic foundations of sustainable social security systems.
- Sustainable human resource management.
- Natural resources and sustainable economic policy.
2. focus: Finance management
- Accounting of the public sector, its companies, foundations and associations.
- Performance measurement and control of task fulfillment and in the non-profit sector.
- Special features of taxation of public authorities and non-profit law.
- Legal and economic framework for public enterprises.
- Revision, accounting and auditing.
- Alternative sources of financing (sponsoring, fundraising, foundation, social franchising).
Great content – close to practice
To perform responsible management tasks in the public sector, you need knowledge of methods and techniques, professional skills and a high level of social competence. The Public and Non-Profit Management degree program guarantees you a high standard of quality
- in the teaching of the theoretical fundamentals
- in the practical application of the acquired skills within the framework of interdisciplinary project work in heterogeneously staffed teams. This includes the analysis and processing of complex questions from practice.
As part of the interdisciplinary Studium Generale, which serves to promote interdisciplinary thinking and cooperative action, you will come into contact with topics such as social media or quality management in collaboration with students from other departments.