Admission requirements & deadlines at a glance
Note in advance: The degree program is designed for graduates of Business Information Systems. However, graduates from business administration / economics degree programs with basic knowledge of business informatics (evidenced by several business informatics modules) are also qualified to apply. Graduates from the field of computer science with basic business knowledge can also apply.
The course of studies is admission-restricted, the allocation of study places is carried out in a local NC procedure.
(1) Admission to the Master's degree program is only possible for those who have
- passed the examination in a bachelor's degree program in Business Information Systems with a standard period of study of at least six semesters or with at least 180 ECTS points (credit points) or
- the professional profile of a degree according to No. 1 that meets the requirements of the Master's program in Strategic Information Management (M.Sc.). The requirement is fulfilled if
a) a degree from Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences or another university with a standard period of study of at least six semesters or with at least 180 ECTS credits, which is at least equivalent to the degrees according to No. 1, or
b) a foreign degree in the same or a related subject as in No. 1 with a standard period of study of at least six semesters or with at least 180 ECTS credits, which is at least equivalent to the degrees in accordance with No. 1.
(2) In addition to the prerequisites mentioned in paragraph 1, the application requires sufficient English language skills.
- These must be proven by language skills of at least level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) recommended by the Council of Europe by means of a language certificate. Acceptable language certificates are the language tests listed by the CEFR, e.g. Toefl, IELTS, etc.
- DAAD test (with exact indication of the level, not older than two years).
- Proof that at least 30 ECTS credits have been earned in English-language modules in a degree program already successfully completed (through module descriptions from the module handbook and markings in the transcript of records).
- Proof of at least five years of learning English at general education schools up to the completion of education entitling the student to university admission, whereby the final grade or the average grade of the last two years of learning English must be at least equivalent to the German grade 4 (sufficient) or at least 5 points.
NOTE: Self-tests, placement tests, language tests of private educational institutions and school English are not recognized. Individual language modules - even those with a level indication - are not sufficient.
(3) Applicants with foreign educational qualifications are subject to the Statutes on the Procedure for the Assessment and Admission of Applicants with Foreign Educational Qualifications at Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences of February 28, 2005, as amended.
(4) The current version of the statutes of the Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences for the aptitude testing procedure and the university selection procedure for admission to studies in the admission-restricted Master's degree programs of Department 3: Business and Law dated December 19, 2018, as amended, applies to the aptitude testing and the selection of applicants.
(5) The existence of the requirements according to paragraphs 1, 2 and 4 is determined by the examination board.
(6) If in the cases of paragraph 1 No. 1 and 2 the preceding degree program comprised less than 210 ECTS points (credit points), the admission is linked with the condition that the successful completion of modules in the amount of up to 30 ECTS points (credit points) must be proven by the time of admission to the Master's thesis. The examination board decides on the selection of modules. Proof of fulfillment of the condition can be provided by successfully completing the additional module Practice Transfer Project (see Appendix 3/Examination Regulations).
(7) The application for a study place must be accompanied by a curriculum vitae. The evidence of the admission requirements according to paragraphs 1 to 3 must be submitted with the application. Applicants who are unable to provide proof of a university degree by the application deadline may alternatively apply for a study place with a certificate in accordance with Section 19 (3) of the Hessen Study Place Allocation Ordinance (Studienplatzvergabeverordnung Hessen) and under the conditions set out in the Hessen Study Place Allocation Ordinance (Studienplatzvergabeverordnung Hessen).
The deadline for receipt of the application for admission for the winter semester is July 31 for applicants with a German degree and July 15 for applicants with an international degree.
To the semester dates.