With advanced courses in mathematics, information-, communication- and automation-technology the students get specific skills in these areas, which serve as a base for further innovative approaches.
By experiencing a variety of situations in laboratories, during specific project work and the master thesis the students will become acquainted with a methodical engineering approach. After finishing the program they will have advanced skills in the area of information technology which enable them to master complex and unpredictable problems with innovative solutions.
Specific courses like "International Project Management and Business Administration" the "Project Course" and the "Master Thesis" contain not only technical skills but also the training of soft skills, which enable the students in the design of processes, the mastering of change management and the creation of new strategic approaches. They will be able to contribute for the enhancement of technical knowledge and get competence in leadership and mentoring teams.
This Master program received the European certification for common standards in the accreditation of engineering education.
Master of Engineering (M. Eng.)
|Terms||4 semesters, full-time|
|Program start||Winter semester|
|Application deadlines||applicants with German credentials: Sept 15|
|applicants with international credentials: Apr 15|
This degree course was accredited until September 30, 2027.
- The deadline for applicants with a German degree is September 15.
- The application deadline for applicants with degrees from a foreign institution is April 15. Please apply via uni-assist.
Due to the required qualifications determination procedures, the allocation of places by lottery method is not available for this program.
Admission to the program is restricted:
- The academic prerequisite for the degree is a Bachelor's degree (or an equivalent academic degree) in Electrical Engineering or a comparable subject with the final grade "good" or above, comprising at least 180 Credit Points (ECTS).
- Proficient English language skills are a prerequisite for admission to the program and we require
- a TOEFL score of a minimum of 80 OR
- IELTS 6 OR
- Cambridge First Certificate (A) OR
- at least satisfactory grades in the advanced course English in your graduation diploma (Abiturzeugnis).
- Other language certificates (acquired within the past two years), which prove a proficiency level of at least B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, may also be accepted.
- If English is your mother tongue OR you acquired your university entrance qualification in an English-speaking country/at a bilingual school OR if you are a graduate of our Bachelor program Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, you do not have to provide proof of your English language skills.
Students, whose course of study has deviated from the regular course of full-time studies – for whatever reason – can seek personal counseling from the Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences.
Goal of the counseling is, while considering personal conditions of an individual course of study, to graduate in an appropriate period of time. In order to reach this goal, we will develop a course plan together with you.
It is also checked whether there are reasons for a formal application of part-time studies. Additional information about the requirements and study organization of part-time studies can be found on the pages of the Admissions office.
The consultation is offered by the degree course counselors or the degree counselor of your degree course. Please schedule an appointment via email.