A unique combination of logistics, traffic and foreign trade, based on a broad IT foundation
Frankfurt/Main distinguishes itself as a central hub for logistics and mobility. You will be hard pressed to find another place in the world, where goods, finance and information transactions are interlinked as ingeniously as here in the Rhine-Main-Metropolis. T+G142 Take advantage of this special location and, amongst other things, gain access to the globally unique House of Logistics & Mobility (HOLM). Within the study program Global Logistics you will deliberate on content involving current research findings and have opportunities to discuss them with logistics experts from renowned enterprises.
Master of Science (M.Sc.)
|Terms||3 semesters, full-time|
|Program start||Each year winter semester|
|Application deadline||July 14 (incl. study aptitude test)|
|Accreditation||ZEvA until the end of the summer semester 2019|
|Admission requirements||NC and study aptitude test|
The pillars of logistics and of the degree course
As a logistics specialist you must possess expert knowledge, be able to operate IT systems and know you way around the globe. The professional pillars are clearly determined and oriented in the requirements of the companies:
- Logistics and supply chain management
- IT (SAP ERP, Intra logistics systems and SAP SCM)
- Foreign trade aspects
- Research projects involving logistics and transport economy in form of seminars
The logistics professors are the group that performs the most research at this faculty by far. A large number of projects take place with the participation of students of the Frankfurt UAS. It is also possible to undergo (external) doctoral studies. Have a look yourself!
Your perspectives will be diverse: managerial responsibilities within logistics, freight, railway, aviation or shipping companies are just as conceivable as a prominent position within infrastructure companies (airports or industrial ports) or in a consulting firm.
You are convinced that this the right choice for you and you would like to apply!
All good things come in threes:
Structure of the study program - practice-oriented!
Six modules out of 13 are completed on practical questions in teams of 5 students together with companies. Exemplary tasks:
- Air freight: Price-/accounting models in ULD outsourcing (ULD = Unit Load Design; air freight pallets)
- air freight / haulage: How does Brexit affect the air freight market?
- Catering: Development of concept ideas for peak-oriented meals; Commissioning under consideration of upstream and downstream production processes
- Block chain technology in logistics
- City logistics concepts
- Pharmaceutical sector: Digitization in the order fulfillment process
- SME: Selection of appropriate commissioning technology / adequate storage technology
The lectures are mainly held at the globally unique House of Logistics and Mobility (HOLM) at Frankfurt Airport. We are represented there with numerous projects and teach, research, and collaborate with 20 other institutions of higher education and many companies. Will we also be working there with you in the future?
Contentual unparalleled – accompanied by experts
- Prof. Dr. Ralf Banning (SAP; more than 20 years of experience in the IT sector)
- Klaus Hamp (Senior Consultant for SCM at Ernst & Young)
- Prof. Dr. Susanne Koch (Logistics; more than 10 years of experience in aviation and logistics)
- Prof. Dr. Köster (Economics; more than 15 years of experience outside the institution of higher education)
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Lueg-Arndt (Economics; more than 10 years of experience outside the institution of higher education)
- Konstantin Montasem (Change Management, CEO innergy GmbH)
- Prof. Dr. Karl-Rudolph Rupprecht (Logistics; more than 30 years of experience in aviation)
- Prof. Dr. Kai-Oliver Schocke (Logistics; more than 14 years of experience in logistics)
- Irene Wagner (Senior Consultant for logistics at Miebach Consulting)
- Alex Waterinxck (Senior Consultant for logistics at Miebach Consulting)
- Prof. Dr. Kirstin Zimmer (Qu processes; more than 10 years of experience in aviation)
After the successful completion of the course of study, we will grant you the academic degree Master of Science (M.Sc.).