Solve technical questions with commercial expertise
If you are interested in technology and in economic aspects alike, then this is the right choice for you. Because this degree course combines technical and scientific aspects of engineering with the economic and legal aspects of economic sciences. As a business engineer you are able to look beyond departmental borders, coordinate different interests and solve technical questions with commercial expertise. Here you will not be trained parallel but subsequently: an engineer turns into a business engineer during the master's course with focus on business administration.
The master’s degree program in Industrial Engineering and Management perfectly merges two important worlds: technology and economics. As an industrial engineer you take center stage, mediating and coordinating the technical implementation of projects with the necessary economic expertise. Such interdisciplinary know-how gives you the best chances of getting a prominent position in a business of any size and sector – especially in production, consulting, sales and logistics. Industrial engineers are also welcome in marketing and controlling.
Industrial Engineering and Management|
Master of Science – M.Sc.
|Terms||4 terms, full-time|
|Program start||Each year winter semester|
|Application deadlines||Until July 15.|
|Accreditation||ZEvA until 30 September 2026|
|Admission requirements||Yes (NC and study aptitude test)|
Unbeatable content – put into practice
- Multidisciplinary scientific and practical knowledge
- Evaluation of technical procedures, taking into account economic principles such as cost, resource requirements and market orientation
- Use of modern information technologies
- Acting on the international business stage
- Methods of planning, organization, design and implementation of work and business processes
- Teamwork and social skills
- Market characteristics of logistics, supply chain management and project management
Organization of the degree course
Well-trained business engineers are highly sought after on the job market. The trend of specializations in professions is replaced by a trend toward more interdisciplinarity. Generalists are searched not specialists, who for instance overview an entire production process in its technical course and economic aspects.
Business engineers will face a broad professional field with plenty of sectors. Business engineers are required in the industry, in the trade and in the services sector. The preferred areas of activity of business engineers is in logistics, marketing, corporate management, controlling and in research and consulting. But they are also required in production, information management, HR and project management. This top position in logistics has only developed over the past five to seven years. A business engineer with an interdisciplinary background is well qualified to cover the broad spectrum of tasks along the supply chain of different sectors. According to a study of the professional association VWI, more than 90% of the business engineers work in the private sector, of which two thirds have a leading positions. Every sixth person is a freelancer (15%), 77% of the business engineers are employed in the economy and nearly 8% are employed in the public service industry.
You are convinced and would like to apply!
Three is a charm:
- Please read up on the professional requirements! If you meet these requirements, by having a degree in engineering (and not a bachelor's degree in industrial engineering and management, business administration or a similar degree), then…
- … apply for a study place and …
- … complete the study aptitude test
Accreditation and degree
- The Industrial Engineering and Management master program has been accredited by ZEvA and is worth 120 European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) credits.
- Upon successful completion of your studies you will be awarded a Master of Science (M.Sc.)