Solve technical questions with commercial expertise
If you are interested in technology and in economic aspects alike, then this is the right choice for you. Because this degree course combines technical and scientific aspects of engineering with the economic and legal aspects of economic sciences. As a business engineer you are able to look beyond departmental borders, coordinate different interests and solve technical questions with commercial expertise. Here you will not be trained parallel but subsequently: an engineer turns into a business engineer during the master's course with focus on business administration.
The master’s degree program in Industrial Engineering and Management perfectly merges two important worlds: technology and economics. As an industrial engineer you take center stage, mediating and coordinating the technical implementation of projects with the necessary economic expertise. Such interdisciplinary know-how gives you the best chances of getting a prominent position in a business of any size and sector – especially in production, consulting, sales and logistics. Industrial engineers are also welcome in marketing and controlling.
Unbeatable content – put into practice
- Multidisciplinary scientific and practical knowledge
- Evaluation of technical procedures, taking into account economic principles such as cost, resource requirements and market orientation
- Use of modern information technologies
- Acting on the international business stage
- Methods of planning, organization, design and implementation of work and business processes
- Teamwork and social skills
- Market characteristics of logistics, supply chain management and project management
You are convinced and would like to apply!
Three is a charm:
- Please read up on the professional requirements! If you meet these requirements, by having a degree in engineering (and not a bachelor's degree in industrial engineering and management, business administration or a similar degree), then…
- … apply for a study place and …
- … complete the study aptitude test
Industrial Engineering and Management|
Master of Science – M.Sc.
|Terms||4 terms, full-time|
|Program start||Each year winter semester|
|Application deadlines||Until July 15.|
|Accreditation||ZEvA bis SS 2020|
|Admission requirements||yes (nc and study aptitude test)|
Well-trained business engineers are highly sought after on the job market. The trend of specializations in professions is replaced by a trend toward more interdisciplinarity. Generalists are searched not specialists, who for instance overview an entire production process in its technical course and economic aspects.
Business engineers will face a broad professional field with plenty of sectors. Business engineers are required in the industry, in the trade and in the services sector. The preferred areas of activity of business engineers is in logistics, marketing, corporate management, controlling and in research and consulting. But they are also required in production, information management, HR and project management. This top position in logistics has only developed over the past five to seven years. A business engineer with an interdisciplinary background is well qualified to cover the broad spectrum of tasks along the supply chain of different sectors. According to a study of the professional association VWI, more than 90% of the business engineers work in the private sector, of which two thirds have a leading positions. Every sixth person is a freelancer (15%), 77% of the business engineers are employed in the economy and nearly 8% are employed in the public service industry.
Organization of the degree course
The application deadline for the admission application for the winter semester ends on July 15.
You must submit an informal, separate application if you would like your application to be considered for the random selection procedure. The application period begins two weeks prior to start of the lectures of the respective semester and ends on the day of the start of lectures of the respective semester.
Acess the academic calendar.
The degree course is admission restricted. The study spot placement takes place via a local NC procedures.
Required degree: a degree or diploma in engineering or natural sciences see catalogue here with a regular period of study of at least 6 semesters, Graduate of a bachelor's degree or diploma degree in Industrial Engineering and Management are not entitled to enroll,, and proof of English language skills by submitting an:
IELTS test with 6.5 points or a similar language proficiency test (TOEFL; Cambridge Certificate) or eight years of English in high school. >strong>Here you find the application form, which needs to be filled out. Applicants, who do not have a complete final certificate of the previous degree by the application deadline, shall submit a preliminary certificate in accordance with § 18 section 3, of the study place allocation regulations Hesse from May 07, 2013. The application is otherwise not legally relevant!
Special enrollment conditions
- Do you have a bachelor's degree or diploma in engineering or science, and in case of engineering studies an admission according to this list
Please note: Applicants of a bachelor's degree or diploma degree in industrial engineering and management are unfortunately not entitled to enroll.
- ≥ 180 ECTS credits in a bachelor or master's degree
- English language skills can be proven – either … or – as follows
- IELTS test 6.5 points or
- with a similar language test (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate) or
- through eight years of English at school
- German language skills are required.
Note: This is a consecutive full-time master's degree that cannot be combined with relevant occupation due to continues project work.
Accreditation and degree
- The Industrial Engineering and Management master program has been accredited by ZEvA and is worth 120 European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) credits.
- Upon successful completion of your studies you will be awarded a Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Ultimate advantage, which makes this degree course so attractive
- You already have your foot in the door of a job during your studies because you can build contacts to potential employers during projects.
- You will be acquainted with competencies in buisness administration, economicy and law because you currently have a pure engineering bachelor's degree.
- You focus on industrial engineering disciplines specializing in logistics.
- The extreme closeness to practice can hardly be surpassed since it is closely collaborated with companies in the logistics modules.