The world of modern information and communication technologies
The requirements in effectivity and efficiency of the use of ICT resources in companies are demanding since most business processes are already entirely processed by ICT. Is it your goal to plan, implement, steer and control, meaning: manage complex ITK projects to reach strategic company goals? Would you like to be able to estimate which freedom an appropriate IT strategy could have on the success of a company and how you could contribute to the strategic development of a company. Would you like to apply strategic information management for more than 'only' to secure competitive advantages? At the end of your studies you will be unstoppable.
Data collection and analysis, together with efficient business processes, offer a key to success in modern business. Managing a company without using information and information communication technology (ICT) is unthinkable today. Thanks to your background in Business Informatics, Business Administration or Information Technology you are already familiar with the problems of operational processes. You may already be working in a company on optimizing operations through appropriate information and communication systems.
Are you ready to take another step in your career? Your goal may be to plan, implement, manage and control complex ICT projects that achieve strategic business objectives – in other words, to lead. You want to be able to assess the effects of a specific informatics strategy on a company's success and predict how it can contribute to the strategic development of a business. And you want to know why strategic information management requires a holistic and inclusive approach that goes beyond simply “maintaining a competitive edge”.
Companies demand a lot from ICT. Resources have to be managed effectively and efficiently. The challenges are complex, not least because many business processes are now handled either partially or completely through ICT. We will prepare you thoroughly for these challenges.
Unbeatable content – put into practice
In order to meet the challenges of today's globalized economy you will need to know management methods and techniques, as well as possessing professional skills and a high degree of social competence. This program guarantees high quality standards:
- You will be provided with theoretical knowledge in a course of lectures
- You will develop your understanding through interactive seminars and interdisciplinary team projects.
Strategic Information Management|
Master of Science (M.Sc.)
|Terms||3 terms, full-time|
|ECTS credit points||90|
|Program start||Each year winter semester|
The application period for German degrees ends August 20. |
The application for international degrees expired on July 15
|Accreditation||ZEvA until 30 September 2026|
Two in one sweep: use international perspectives
This degree program offers excellent international perspectives. For example, you can combine the M.Sc. in Frankfurt with a 4.5-semester MBA from the University of Wisconsin La Crosse. This requires a paid year-long stay in La Crosse.
The Strategic Information Management course qualifies you for a variety of management roles. Possible fields of application and employment are found at the interface between specialized departments and IT, as assistant to top decision-makers or in corporate line positions (business development, marketing, controlling, etc.). Your knowledge can also be used in the broad field of IT and corporate consulting or in the financial services sector.
You should know this!
- More than 50% of the modules are taught in English.
- This degree course offers excellent international perspectives. You can for instance attain an MBA at the University of Wisconsin La Crosse next to the M.Sc. in Frankfurt within 4.5 semesters. A fee-based stay in La Crosse for one year is required. The International Office of the Frankfurt UAS is looking forward to providing you with more information!
The deadline for the submission of the admission application ends on July 15, for the winter semester.
You must submit an informal, separate application if you would like your application to be considered for the random selection procedure. The application period begins two weeks prior to start of the lectures of the respective semester and ends on the day of the start of lectures of the respective semester.
Link to the academic calendar.
The degree course is admission restricted. The study spot placement takes place via a local NC procedures.
Admission to the degree course is only accepted if:
- the bachelor's examination in the bachelor's degree courses, business administration, international finance, business information systems or computer science or the diploma examination in the diploma degree courses business administration, public management, international degree course finance and law or computer sciences at the institution of higher education Fachhochschule Frankfurt am Main – University of Applied Sciences or
- the bachelor's examination in the mentioned bachelor's degree courses or the diploma examinations in the stated diploma degree courses at a different universities of applied sciences or university or
- a degree in accordance with section 1 and 2 of at least equivalent, similar degree at the Fachhochschule Frankfurt am Main – University of Applied Sciences or from a different university of applied sciences or university, particularly in the subjects business information systems or business sciences, with a regular period of study of at least six semesters, or
- at least a similar equivalent foreign degree or similar subject like in section 1 no 1 to 3 with a regular period of study of at least six semesters.
Applicants who do not have a complete final certificate from the previous degree, shall present a preliminary certificate in accordance with § 18 section 3 of the study place allocation regulations Hesse in the version from April 30, 2014. The application is otherwise not legally relevant!
- This degree program has been certified by ZEvA and is worth 90/120 European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) credits.
- Upon the successful completion of your studies you will receive the Master of Science (M.Sc.).