Admission requirements & deadlines
If there are more applications than university places, the places are allocated via NC-procedures. The final grade is then calculated as follows:
- 60% grade of bachelor degree (or provisional grade from provisional certificate)
- 40% grade equivalent of student aptitude test
The following admission requirements apply to the master program:
To apply to the program you need a bachelor’s degree in economics or a thematically related degree or an equivalent international degree with a standard study period of six semesters, more specifically:
- with at least 180 ECTS-Credit Points. Under the condition that (up to) 30 ECTS-Credit Points are acquired at Frankfurt UAS before registering for master’s thesis. Appropriate modules are determined by the examination board OR
with at least 210 ECTS-Credit Points – without further requirements.
You can look up the number of points necessary for a B2 level in various certificates (e.g. TOEFL or IELTS) on the website of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEF). Acceptable language certificates are such listed by the CEF. Proof of English language skills may be omitted if you have already acquired 30 ECTS-Credit Points in modules conducted in English during your previous studies (at home or abroad).
In order to determine if you are a suitable candidate you need to take an online aptitude test. The test provides insight into your academic disposition and determines your professional qualification based on subject-specific questions from the areas controlling, finance, accounting and taxes. The online test is conducted in English and German (mix) and takes 60 minutes.
- Step 1: Register for aptitude test until August 19th 2020 at the latest.
- Step 2: Complete the aptitude test until August 20th 2020 at the latest. You can register up to one day before taking the test.